Why Am I Here?
1. GOD MADE US TO LOVE US AND BE CLOSE TO US!
- JER 31:3 – The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: `I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.”
- EPH 1:4-5 – For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will…
2. WE ARE CREATED TO ENJOY A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD AND TO MANAGE ALL OF THE REST OF GOD’S CREATION AS WE LOVE AND OBEY HIM. THIS MAKES US SPECIAL!
- GEN 1:27 – So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
- 1 TIM 6:17 – Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.
That was the good news of us being created, but here’s the bad news…
3. DESPITE OUR BEST EFFORTS TO FOLLOW GOD, ALL HAVE FAILED TO FULLY OBEY THE FATHER, LEAVING US SEPARATED FROM HIM. THE PENALTY OF OUR SIN IS DEATH. CLOSENESS WITH GOD IS LOST!
- ROM 3:23 – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
- ROM 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death…
4. BUT THANKFULLY, BY GOD’S MERCY, GOD SENT HIS SON, JESUS, TO DIE ON A CROSS AS A SACRIFICIAL GIFT, PAYING OUR PENALTY OF DEATH. JESUS TOOK OUR PLACE AS A SUBSTITUTE, SO WE CAN HAVE ETERNAL LIFE AND DRAW CLOSE TO GOD ONCE AGAIN!
- 1 THESS 5:10 – He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him.
How can I receive the gift of salvation and be forgiven so that I can have eternal life and draw close to Him again?
The Bible describes becoming a Christian in 4 ways…
1. BELIEVE THAT JESUS DIED TO PAY FOR YOUR SINS, HE ROSE AGAIN, AND IS ALIVE TODAY!
- ROM 10:9 – That if you confess with your mouth, `Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
2. REPENT OF YOUR SINS AND CONFESS JESUS AS LORD OF YOUR LIFE.
- LUKE 13:5 – …unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.
- ACTS 2:38 – …Repent & be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
3. ACCEPT GOD’S FREE GIFT OF SALVATION. DON’T TRY TO EARN IT THROUGH GOOD WORKS.
- ROM 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- EPH 2:8-9 – For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.
*Our relationship to God is not restored by anything we do but based on what Jesus already did for us on the cross! And as a result of His sacrificial gift of eternal life, the evidence of our belief in Him will be seen in the way we behave (i.e. our good works). So, your response to salvation is that you…
4. FOLLOW JESUS TO ENJOY HIM, BE LIKE HIM, AND CONTINUALLY DRAW CLOSER TO HIM IN A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP AS YOU JOIN HIS MISSION OF LEADING OTHERS TO FAITH IN JESUS.
- MARK 8:34 – …If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
- HEB 10:22-23 – …since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith…
If you would like to start your relationship with Jesus, say an honest prayer of surrender to Him and let us know you committed to Him by completing the form below. We’d be thrilled to help you take the next steps!