Phase 4 General Guidelines
As researched, discussed, and agreed upon by our Church’s Leadership Team, below are our Phase 4 guidelines that are inspired by the guidelines of the Arkansas Health Department.
Phase 4 Guidelines
- These Phase 4 reopening guidelines include adult, college, student, child, and nursery small group gatherings.
- Take the temperature of all individuals coming on campus before you leave your home.If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 in the last two days, such as a temperature above 100.4, sore throat, coughing, shortness of breath, headache, or if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, refrain from church activities for five days.
- We recommend that physical distancing of 6 feet and refraining from physical contact outside of family groups should continue across campus.
- Face coverings are optional, as long as you seek to maintain 6 feet social distancing. Though, it is advised to have a mask with you to wear in close settings or around groups sensitive to the virus. (Such as senior adults) Children under two should not wear a mask, per CDC guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each building entrance.
- Complimentary coffee will be provided at both locations on campus in a self-serve manner.
- For our Worship Services
- We are providing ONE Worship Service at 10:30am and our Sunday Morning Cluster Groups at 9:15am.
- A “live” online worship experience will be provided during the 10:30am Worship Service. Visit our website or Facebook page to view live services online. Recent services are archived and available for watching at your convenience.
- We still recommend that you only sit with immediate family.
- The offering plate will not be passed during the service to reduce hand-to-hand contact. Your tithes and offerings can be dropped off in the slot at the Welcome Desk or deposited online through our website or your bank’s bill pay.
- Prayer Tables are reopened. If you need prayer, seek a prayer partner during the invitation or after the service.
- During the 10:30am Worship Service, Children’s Church and nursery are available for birth through Kindergarten. (See guidelines below.) The nursery and children’s small group Bible studies for birth to 5th grade will be held at 9:15am. (See guideline below.)
- For Child and Student On-Campus Small Group Gatherings on. Sundays at 9:15am
- Parents can check in their kids (birth to 5th grade) at either the Children’s Building Main Entrance or the Office Entrance. (6th-12th graders do not need to be check-in.)
- Efforts will be made to limit small groups sizes.
- Students’ and Children’s Bible Studies at 9:15am will be divided as follows:
- Babies/Toddlers in the Bunnies/Chipmunk Room
- Older PreK – in the Foxes Room
- Grades K – 1st in the Climbers Room
- Grades 2nd – 3rd in the Hikers Room
- Grades 4th – 5th in the Trailblazers Room
- Grades 6th – 12th in the Student Building
- As much as possible, we’ll maintain physical distancing of 6 feet (space seating, etc.)
- For Adult On-campus Small Groups
- Cluster Groups on Sunday Morning meet at 9:15am. Face coverings are optional in group meeting areas as long as participants maintain 6 feet distancing.
- Every adult is strongly recommended to select a Cluster Group to participate in.
- To join a Cluster Group, visit our website! (mysecondbaptist.org)
As expected, if Phase 4 guidelines need to be adjusted due to new health guidelines or other church needs, we will act accordingly. Please be alert, patient, and flexible.
While we are nearing our “Pre-Covid” church experience, we still need to be cautious. It is difficult to eliminate all risks, so please be wise with yourself and family. Nonetheless, we feel these precautionary measures will help mitigate transmission of the disease on campus. As with Phases 1, 2 and 3, since it is acceptable from the Arkansas Health Department to gather under these guidelines, church leadership agreed it’s our role to provide a safe on-campus experience for you to worship if you desire, while it’s your personal responsibility to decide when the timing is right for you. Please choose wisely based upon your health and convictions. When the time is right, we hope to provide a Phase 5 reopening, which will probably entail all guidelines being lifted.