Phase 3 General Guidelines
Please read carefully our guidelines for gathering on-campus during Phase 3:
- Take the temperature of all individuals coming on campus before you leave your home. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 in the last two days, such as a temperature above 100.4, sore throat, coughing, shortness of breath, headache, or if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, remain at home and worship with us online.
- We continue to suggest you watch online until further notice if you are 65 years or older and/or you have underlying health conditions, such as high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, severe obesity, asthma or immunocompromising conditions, because you are at higher risk for severe illness if infected by COVID-19.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet and refraining from physical contact outside of family groups should continue.
- Face coverings (cloth masks are acceptable) should be worn at all times for everyone over the age of 10. Children under two should not wear a mask, per CDC guidelines. (Leadership will not wear masks while on the platform during the worship service.)
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each building entrance.
- Building disinfecting will be provided before, after, and between services.
- Complimentary coffee will not be provided at this time.
- Wednesday Night on-campus activities aim to resume on September 2.
For our Worship Services
- We are providing TWO on-campus Worship Services at 9:15am & 10:30am.
- A “live” online worship experience will be provided during the 9:15am Worship Service, yet you can watch any service online any time after that service.
- In order to maintain social distancing when college students return, we’re asking our regular, local-living members and attenders to attend the 9:15am service so our college students can attend the 10:30 service. (Most Small Groups will meet at 10:30am.)
- Only sit in the section of pews WITHOUT masking tape.
- Only sit with immediate family.
- The offering plate will not be passed during the service to reduce hand-to-hand contact. Your tithes and offerings can be dropped off in the slot at the Welcome Desk or deposited online through our website or your bank’s bill pay.
- Bulletins will be provided, but continue to check your email, read the digital newsletter, and frequently check our Facebook page for the latest church information.
- During the 9:15am Worship Service, Children’s Church and nursery are available for ages birth to Kindergarten. (See check-in guidelines below.) The nursery and children’s small group Bible studies for birth to 5th grade will be held at 10:30am. (See below for details.)
For Child and Student On-Campus Small Group Gatherings at 10:30am
- The only “check-in location” for kids (birth to 5th grade) will be through the Office Doors entry in the church office lobby. (6th-12th grades do not need to check-in.)
- The Children’s Building main entrance will be locked to control traffic flow.
- Each student and child’s temperature will be taken before admitting into their areas.
- All efforts will be made to limit the groups sizes. Our aim is to have students and children class sizes limited to 10 or less.
- Students’ and Children’s Bible Studies at 10:30am will be divided as follows:
- Babies & Toddlers in the Bunnies/Chipmunk Room
- Younger PreK in the Robins Room
- Older PreK in the Foxes Room
- Grades K – 1st in Climbers Room
- Grades 2nd – 3rd in the Hikers Room
- Grades 4th – 5th in the Trailblazers Room
- Grades 6th – 12th in the Student Building
- As much as possible, we’ll maintain physical distancing of 6 feet (space seating, etc.)
- We will ensure student, kids, and staff groupings change as little as possible by having the same group of children stay with the same staff. This will limit mixing.
- Only individual, pre-packaged snacks and drinks will be provided.
- Routine hand washing will be directed.
- Areas that are frequently touched—such as playground equipment, shared objects/toys, door handles, drinking fountain, and sink handles—will be cleaned and disinfected between uses.
For Adult On-campus Small Groups
- Instead of returning to our pre-Covid-19 small group model, on August 16, we’re launching our Cluster Group model as explained in January of 2020 when Pastor Louie introduced our new Discipleship Plan.
- Cluster Groups meet weekly and range from 5-15+ people. They run for 16 weeks in a trimester format throughout the year. The fall trimester will run through December 27. Cluster Groups aim to build up your spiritual knowledge through biblical instruction in Christian Community. Multiple groups are offered based on subjects. Cluster Groups meet at different times and locations. Choose the one that best fits you.
- Every adult is strongly recommended to select a Cluster Group to participate in. It’s essential that each adult join a group for care and assimilation purposes.
- To join a Cluster Group, visit our Adult Discipleship page. You’ll be able to review our plan for growing in Christ and access all Cluster Groups. You can easily register for the one you’d like to join.
As expected, if Phase 3 guidelines need to be adjusted due to new health guidelines or other church needs, we will act accordingly. Please be alert, patient, and flexible.
While this isn’t like our “Pre-Covid” church experience, let’s come together and follow these cautious guidelines until further notice. I understand it is difficult to eliminate all risks, so you must be wise with yourself and family. Nonetheless, we feel these precautionary measures will help mitigate transmission of the disease on campus. As with Phase 1 & 2, since it is acceptable from the Arkansas Health Department to gather under these guidelines, church leadership agreed it’s our role to provide a safe on-campus experience for you to worship if you desire, while it’s your personal responsibility to decide when the timing is right for you. Please choose wisely based upon your health and convictions. When the time is right, we’ll provide a Phase 4 reopening, which will probably entail most guidelines being lifted.